The Newman Center – St. Thomas Aquinas Church has served the spiritual, social, and leadership formation needs of Catholic students attending the University of Nebraska–Lincoln for over a century. What initially began as The Newman Club in 1906 has developed into a much larger organization today, and provided sacraments, ministries and programs to over twenty-seven hundred Catholic students this year alone, students who may otherwise cease practicing their faith.
In 1960, land was purchased near the University and the previous facility constructed. The building served staff and students well for over fifty years. Yet, having outgrown the original facility, the beautiful, new Newman Center - St. Thomas Aquinas Church was constructed in 2015. It is an inspiring addition to the Diocese of Lincoln, the University of Nebraska campus and an investment in the spiritual lives of our students.